Whether online or face to face there is a need to finish the course with a feeling of completion -here are some ideas to provide this
- Issue certificates of completion -On face to face events hand out the certificate with a handshake or if online show the certificate on screen so the learner can see and send it to them electronically.
- Have learners complete a ‘final’ test or quiz.
- Encourage individuals or teams to make a presentation concerning what they have learned.
- Have a guest speaker attend and talk about the next step for the participants. This could be videoed in advance and used both online and in face to face courses
- Set up a network group -share contact information or encourage learners to connect on social media such as LinkedIn
- Nominate roles of participants such as “best laugh” , “snappiest dresser”, ”Quickest Volunteer” “Wittiest Comments, etc and then hold awards ceremony
- Brainstorm what learners should do next and how they can overcome the obstacles.
- Instigate a ‘closing’ ritual such as applause.
- Hold a Party to celebrate completion of the learning event.
Looking for more ideas to start or open a course -then why not book a free 20 minute discussion with me?